Take a decision, made a few years ago, to move the distribution for EU and other European markets to a subsidiary company in Germany, whilst retaining domestic distribution. Take a lack of logistics’ skills in the German facility, and a need for a rapid solution – and here comes Superior with just what is needed!
Superior, were still available to handle shipment and importation of goods into the UK for internal distribution, BUT, were able to rapidly place a Forwarding team in the German facility to manage imports from the US and China, manage Customs, manage all distribution throughout the EU and to 3rd countries.
This solution required: -
- The provision of triangular visibility of order progress, shipment tracking and proof of delivery.
- The provision of an Ex Works Report to identify goods not collected the Buyer’s appointed carrier.
- The uploading of despatch and delivery information into the Customer’s management system.
- The procurement of most competitive distribution and shipping rates without risking delivery performance.
- The management of Customs and VAT matters and assisting with the verification of Customs Commodity Codes.
- The provision of current and planned market and legislative information, protecting our customers interests.
- The management of Insurance claims and problem solving.
- Providing comfort and regular communication with the US, UK, and German teams.
- The provision of Awareness and Training programmes.
- The achievement of cost savings, efficiencies, and resource reduction.
- The provision of good management and constantly available expertise and attention spanning 4 time-zones.
The result is a happy, long-term customer relationship.